Walk'
22 September 2006
I was planning on writing a short composition.
I will put it off.

I've got a new handphone!
Or did I mention that before?

At least there's a camera.
Heh.

I've been informed that most of my posts has a biting tone to it.
And once again i apologise.
The way I see it, talking about my life warrents no, nothing. Unless it's littered with humongous words and phrases.
Hence, that is why I pour this little irritations on my life here.
Thus and therefore, I am not really griped with anger all the time. As I always say, Cheers!

Randomly, I dislike alcohol.
Wine, Beer and the lot.
I also detest people that claim to like beer and wine. the occasional pester to purchase those.
And they get woozy at the first sip.
Or you can see the obvious distaste, yet they cover it up. Hoping.
Classic Example : My younger bro.
Trying to act Cool or something?

If one really likes it, go ahead. Don't tell me.

Damn, I've gone on the bite people again.

Swimming is on the list later.
Again. I target 30 laps today.
Hopefully I don't goof off and get lazy.

I'm also leaving for Kunming, China on the 3rd of Oct.
Be bck around the 10th or 12th depending on flight availability.

China. This will be my 3rd trip. To some village in the mountains.
Should be interesting. And cold. I hope I'm some use as a missionary.
I really hope I'm more of a help then a hinderance.
I suppose praying helps.


Lastly, my Reading rocks!
As in Reading football club.
I took them up to the Premiership in my first season! After finishing a dismal 13th in the first season in top flight, Reading has made a strong start to the 3rd season, with them nestling safely in 7th, only 9 points behind leaders Arsenal and with the most goals scored in the whole Premiership.
The manager in his first season at Reading had a trying time. In addition to the growing dissent from the supporters because of the hiring of a inexperienced manager, he also had the deal with a minute wage structure and a small transfer budget. Only 3 new faces were added

Namely, Columbian winger Daniel Machacon. $210K
Experienced midfielder Khalilou Fadiga. $425K
and
Xerez defender Gerard. $425k

The season was an unbridled success. Reading finished 2nd in the Championship with 78 points from 46 matches. With Reading scoring the most goals in that season, it proved that the manager is one who affirms the phrase " the best form of defence is attack".

The transfer market was relatively quiet compared to the next season. Reading only sold a Jonathan Hayes for $160k.


The Madjeski stadium was buzzing with jubilation as Reading got promoted for the first season under the new manager. The board was equally jubilant and looked forward to facing the big boys of the Premiership.
Handing over a significant increased tansfer budget, the board signalled their intentions for the coming season. Stay in top flight.
With that money, the manager went on a spending spree.

Buying :
Midfielder Silas, $1.1m
Striker Matt Jensen, Free
Striker Vincent Pericard, Free
Midfielder James Brackenbridge, Free
Defender Jonathan Evans, $150k
Midfielder Craig Gardner, $240k
Goalkeeper Szabolcs Kemenes, Free
Defender Steve Finnan, Free
Midfielder Kily Gonzalez, Free
Midfielder Nicky Butt, $275k
Defender Noe Pamarot, $1m
Defender Pieter Collen, Free
Defender Jorge Ribeiro, $2.8m
Goalkeeper Stuart Taylor, $2.1m
Striker Patrick Kluivert, $1.2m
Defender Jean-Alain Boumsong, $2.5m
and
Defender Matteo Ferrari, $2.7m.

A whopping 17 players for $14 million altogether.

The supporters were had mixed feelings about the transfers.
They were excited of the prospect of international stars Like Kluivert and Gonzalez plying their trade at the Madjeski Stadium.
However, they were skeptical about Pieter Collen, who the believed could disrupt the harmony in the team.
They were also not happy that star players like top scorer Dave Kitson, the midfield pair of Steve Sidwell and James Harper and young talent Kevin Doyle were allowed to leave for a substantial amount of money.
Could this new look team gel together quckly enough?

The 2nd season started with a bang.
However Reading supporters hopes were smashed as Reading hovered just above the relegation zone for the bulk of the season.
The only notable scorelines was the 1-1 draw with mighty Manchester United and the 5-4 victory over Newcastle.
With Reading scoring a tremendous amount of goals yet again, only less then the big four and Tottenham but letting in 67 goals in 38 games was a worrying sign.
The last game of the season came against Crystal Palace. Reading were at 17th. Just above the relegation zone. A win would secure their safety.
In truth Reading were never troubled. A comfortable 2-0 ensured survival. What was surprising was that Reading jumped from 17th to 13th in one game. Such was the tenseness of the bottom half of the table.

The manager answered his critics by keeping his team in the Premiership.
However he had a mammoth task in trying to buy players to shore up the leaky backline.
The Chairman was also on his back trying to get him to sign 2 high profile players, in an attempt to boost the club's profile.
The signings were Roma defender Samuel Kuffour for $2.5m and Santi Cazorla at $3.6m.
It would later prove to be a steal.

The 3rd season began with the team claiming that they can finally work as a unit and are gelling firmly together. Although the first game was a borefest at 0-0. Reaing went on to win their next 3 games, before losing 5-2 to a rampant Thierry Henry-led Arsenal. Despite losing to Chelsea, Liverpool and Fulham. Reading notched up some decent results, including the thriller 3-3 draw with Everton and the 5-1 thrashing of Newcastle.

Reading are now 12 games into the season with 6 wins , 2 draws and 4 losses.
The defence is still underperforming by letting in 22 goals, but the attack is proving to be a handful by scoring 27 goals. More then anybody else this season.
With new captain Kily Gonzalez leading the way and Manager Reuben Ho.
Reading fans can afford to feel optimistic this season.

Cheers, Virtually.
~R.Ho, 8:44 AM
profile
Ho Wei - 14/04/89
PKC, TP, BUS
Reuben's Blog
links
Eugene

Jap

Patrina

Grace

Faiz

Vivian

Shirley

Selyn

Dan

Jas

Calvin "Still Scouse"

Val

Michelle

JS

tagboard

archives