So rarely I talk about where I've went, or my day. But today was fun, so why not?
I went to Marina Barrage in the morning to catch Phil dragonboating, it was full of muscular people who made me feel slightly inadequate but I argued that I was taller than most of them.
Then I saw the Australian people.
So Patrina and WJ had a field day looking out for guys while the girls in dragonboat didn't seem quite as appealing. I can envision the day I marry a dragonboater and she carries me throughout the ceremony and laughs deep slow laughs when she does seventyish more chin-ups than me.
I had dumplings, burgers and fruit punch under a cloudy sky overlooking the Marina Bay, it would seem pretty lovely except if the bloody ball of fire wasn't doing overtime and scorching everybody.
Still, there was a slight breeze and with more references to weather I saw the silver lining.
Then we all left, oh before I forget I was with Paul, Pat, WJ, and Phil to some extent.
We left for Marina Square and went to take a look at movies.
Oh let me tell you something. Movies make me feel happy these few days cos I haven't watched one in ages ! and the last one I saw made me remember what watching movies feel like.
I think my last one before NITM 2 was in Philippines.
So there were none, and we played arcade, which generally went alright and Paul bought us lovely knickknacks and gewgaws from the picky uppy machines which cost a lot and are deceptively hard.
"Go where?"
"Dont know leh"
pepper my life a lot it seems.
But anyway, Paul left cos he had cell group.
So the three of us, after persuading Wj to stay went to Takashimaya. And did you know they had this place that reminded me of Japan? It was a whole thing dedicated to weird food I never seen before and I think half of the people there are Japanese or can speak Japanese or are attempting to be Japanese or Korean or one of the weird cultures that make you realise the word culture and cult looks remarkably similar and you also have to wonder why I never noticed it before.
So I felt a bit left out (in a good way, I wasn't really left out), I mean left out because here are these two girls rattling about stuff they like and stuff they want to eat I never heard about.
It might be an attempt to be cultured or simply they travel a whole lot then me.
"i want eat strawberry shortcake"
I only know such things from books and cartoons, like that cartoon that shows on Disney, Strawberry Shortcake
"lets have omu rice"
It reminded me of ostrich/emu rice, and how much I would like to try ostrich meat.
So it reminded me of how deprived I am, but I'm contented so deprived might be a word too frequently used by other bloggers.
Then I went upstairs and I saw Ultraman, Catwoman, Spiderman, Darth Vader, Kakashi and other iconic figures having probably their annual meet-and-greet with Star Wars so kindly lending some clone troopers to guard the whole thing. They weren't doing a very good job and used their death-inducing blasters to pose for cameras. It was a cosplay thing and was interesting and it reminded me of Sherman
Oh and how could I forget I had this awesome thing called mochi where there was icecream inside and I bit it and it tasted like jinglebells if you know the feeling and it was really good and when I achieved something in life I'd probably go buy another one to celebrate.
anw, Wj and Pat and Paul were great company, they were funny and fun to be with and I look forward to meeting them again, but I say that last part only as a formality, I'm pretty sure I'll see both of them tomorrow.
Well, that wasn't very fun to write, I probably write something different soon, I have lotsa stuff in my diary to copy from.
cheers